In today’s fast moving world internet has become a necessity. We need internet everywhere and anywhere we go and a easy solution to this is using internet on the phone. Keeping this requisite for internet in mind apple has introduced a new attribute to its devices called as Hotspot.
I know many of you might be knowing about this feature called Hotspot, but for those who don’t know what exactly Hotspot is and what are its functionality , let me give you a brief idea about it before we actually learn how to make your apple iPhone a hotspot.
Personal Hotspot is a feature of iOS that lets iPhones running iOS 4.3 and higher share their wireless data connection with other nearby devices via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. In this scenario, the iPhone acts like a wireless router for the other devices, transmitting and receiving data for them. Personal Hotspot lets you connect your computers and devices to the Internet using the cellular data connection on your device.
Now let us get started with how to make your iPhone a Hotspot.
- Step 1 – Tap the Settings icon, usually located on the Home screen.
- Step 2 – Tap Personal Hotspot. If you have enabled *Personal Hotspot* from your wireless provider, you will see the Personal Hotspot icon in the first group of settings else contact your service provider now and get the *Personal Hotspot* activated for your device.
- Step 3 – Turn on Personal Hotspot by Tapping the toggle switch at the top of the *Personal Hotspot* control panel.
- Step 4 – Now you will see a screen asking you to set a Password for your Hotspot. The current password is listed in plain text. If you’ve just set up your service plan with your wireless provider, there will be a default password in place. To change it, tap the Wi-Fi password button, enter a new password and then click *Done*. You can also just leave the default password as-is. Make sure you remember your Password because we don’t tell how to remember a Password.
Now your Hotspot is all set to be used as an Wi-Fi.
After creating a hotspot connection you need to connect another device to Hotspot on which you want to use internet. Here will brief you how can you connect another iPhone to your Hotspot.
- A) Tap the Settings icon.
- B) Open the Wi-Fi control panel and turn the Wi-Fi ON.
- C) Locate your iPhone Personal Hotspot. Under * Choose an Network. * you should see the name of your iPhone Hotspot listed.
- D) Now a dialog will pop up, asking for the password you used when you set up your Hotspot above. Enter the same Password here ( This was why I asked you to remember the Password you entered above ).
- E) Congratulations now you can use your phone as a Wi-Fi. When your device is successfully conected to your iPhone Hotspot, there will be a linked chain icon in the upper left of your screen, where the Wi-Fi icon is normally found.
Also you can connect your PC to the Hotspot by turning ON your PC Wi-Fi and connecting it to your iPhone Hotspot by entering the correct Password of your Hotspot.
Hope now you will be able to make your iPhone a hotspot.
Thanks and Cheers.