Chances are, you probably dislike mowing the lawn as much as the next guy. Mowing the lawn is a household chore listed among the top ten least popular chores, alongside cleaning your room and washing dishes. As far as mowing the lawn goes, we will discuss the top 5 best self-propelled lawn mowers available in the market. It is no big secret that the future of pretty much anything you can think of is automation. The age of autonomous lawn mowers is here, brace yourself.
In a field of exceedingly utilitarian competition, the World Landroid is a top-of-the-line lawnmower that gets your lawn chores done effortlessly. This robotic lawnmower makes use of an “Artificial Intelligence Algorithm” to maneuver through narrow stretches and evade obstacles. The algorithm also allows the Worx Landroid to mow the lawn in a seemingly haphazard pattern with minimal unnecessary overlap. Equipped with an array of sensors, the autonomous lawn mower avoids and mows around obstacles in its path such as gnomes, furniture, and quite possibly pets. The inbuilt sensors can also detect rain whereby the machine disengages and proceeds to its docking station until the weather has cleared up.
- The Worx Landroid has an inbuilt security system that alerts the owner in case the machine leaves the designated mowing area. This is a handy feature that prevents the robotic lawn mower from being stolen or making a run for it.
- This autonomous lawn mower is designed to pair with smart devices such as tablets and smartphones. This feature allows easy control and monitoring of the tasks it undertakes.
- Its small and compact size makes it easy to store in tight spaces. The Worx Landroid is also appealing to look at thanks to its Worx orange-and-black color scheme.
- The Worx Landroid is priced at USD$999 which is expensive.
- This robotic lawn mower is designed to handle up to a quarter of an acre and no more.
Husqvarna Automower 450x
Rated at just 58 decibels, the Husqvarna automower is the quietest robotic lawn mower in its class. Operating this machine is made possible via mobile application interfacing. Supported smart devices include tablets and smartphones. With the help of the mobile application, you can map out the area you need to be mowed and designate the “keep off” areas such as ditches or plain patches. Despite its pricing, the Husqvarna automower gives you more bang for your buck and has been recognized as being among the best autonomous lawn mowers in the market. It has a compact, durable build that ensures it delivers a long service life.
- The 450X is designed to cover the most turf in a single session. This robotic mower can cover up to 1.25 acres at a go. This makes it the ideal machine for large
- The Husqvarna 450X can be scheduled to perform mowing several times a month via the mobile application. Once scheduled, the robotic lawn mower will go to work on the defined periods without any further effort on your part.
- This model is the quietest member of its class with a noise rating of just 58 decibels. You won’t even notice there’s an autonomous machine working in your yard.
- Priced at USD$3500, the 450X is the most expensive lawn mower of its kind. The price tag is limiting despite all the great features offered.
- This model requires perimeter Otherwise, it’ll keep going beyond your property and into other peoples’ lawns. Without a fence, the autonomous lawn mower will run loose.
The RS630 is the premier most automated landscaping machine. It is a household favorite to many property owners seeking a fully autonomous lawn mower under 3000 dollars. The Robomow RS630 comes equipped with an array of features and sensors that convert your mowing chore into a perfectly executed task. With some bit of preliminary work such as fencing and mapping the work area, the RS630 is a marvel of technology. It has a sturdy build and is capable of handling rugged terrain that most other autonomous lawn mowers might experience difficulty gaining traction.
- The Robomow RS630 is built to handle up to three-quarters of an acre which makes it ideal for an average sized home.
- This model is able to work on sloping terrain reaching 20-degree angles comfortably. This is unlike competing models.
- The RS630 comes equipped with rain sensors that allow the robot lawn mower to dock and recharge while awaiting the rain to dissipate.
- The RS630 is rated at 78 decibels which makes it quite noisy and hard to ignore. You’re guaranteed to wake up the neighbors if you leave it to perform overnight mowing duties.
Honda Miimo 3000
The Miimo is a unique piece of lawn mowing machinery with unique features and abilities. Honda designed perhaps the most intuitive robotic lawn mower incorporating elements not seen elsewhere. The machine works by employing a continuous cutting system that cuts your lawn grass by an inch several times a week. The Miimo comes equipped with three panoramic sensors that allow the unit to detect and avoid any obstacles lying around the yard. If a sensor pinpoints an obstacle, the Miimo immediately stops and pivots in a different direction. This model is capable of mowing up to an acre.
- The Miimo pairs with a mobile application that allows the user to toggle things such as grass height, mowing schedules, and remote control.
- The Miimo is rated among the best self-propelled lawn mowers thanks to its ability to work in sloped gradients. It can comfortably mow a lawn with a sloping angle of up to 25 degrees.
- The machine is equipped with sensors that allow it to detect dense patches of grass and level them accordingly.
- This model similarly requires perimeter fences; a recurring problem facing most members in its class.
John Deere Tango E5 Series II
John Deere is a world-renowned agricultural machines manufacturer. The Tango E5 is built to outlast every autonomous lawn mower on the market. The manufacturer indicates that the blades don’t require changing or sharpening, at least for a whole season. The Tango comes with a charging port and is programmed to dock and charge without any help. Charge, however, is not a factor with the John Deere Tango E5 as its size allows it to complete mowing tasks without the need to recharge.
- The Tango has a strong, sturdy build comprising a compact design and a robust waterproof casing. The latter keeps the electronics dry and functioning optimally.
- The Tango is equipped with sensors that let it know when it is being touched. This increases user safety.
- The durable blade increases savings by minimizing the changing frequency.
- This model has inbuilt security features that prevent theft and unauthorized use. Just in case the Tango gets stolen, the alarm goes off.
- This model unlike most of its competitors does not have smart gadget pairing abilities. This means that the user cannot control it remotely. To set schedules, you use a set of dials and a small display built onto the robotic lawn mower.
- This lawn mower also requires a perimeter fence.